Penryn Appointment System
When booking appointments, our trained reception team will ask a number of questions. Asking these questions will ensure that we can get the right type of help for you quickly from the most appropriate member of our practice team.
- This type of appointment system is called Active Signposting and has been designed using NHS England guidance.
- This system has been put into place by the GP Partners so we can get the right type of help for you as quickly as possible. When you contact the surgery our trained reception team will ask you for more information about the medical reason for your contact. This information will be used to direct you to the most appropriate member of our Penryn Team this may include a member of our Nursing Team, Practice Pharmacist or one of our GPs.
- All our reception team have received both face-face training by EPI and online training and use red flag protocols devised from national guidance.
We are constantly reviewing our appointment system to ensure that we meet the needs of our patients.
Our aim is to:
- Provide care to patients who have a medical problem which needs to be dealt with on the 'Same Day' which cannot wait
- To facilitate 'continuity of care' by having sufficient appointments available to allow patients to book in advance with all members of our clinical team including the GP of their choice.
Our 'Same Day Service' is provided by our team of highly trained and experienced Primary Care Practitioners (Nurse Practitioners and Paramedics) in conjunction with our GPs.
If you are undergoing a period of 'ongoing medical care' we recommend booking appointments in advance with the same GP for continuity.